The National Shrine of the Little Flower Basilica is always in need of volunteer support.
There are many opportunities available including the following:
Ongoing Development Support:
Office tasks such as making copies, stuffing envelopes, filing
1. Assigned by project
2. Most actions must be performed at Shrine
Excel data entry
1. Assigned by project
2. Most actions to be performed at Shrine
3. Visitor records verification and entry
4. Templates to be provided by development team
Event specific support activities / duties (varies)
1. Golf Outings
2. Sporting Clay Event
4. Dream Cruise Parish Party
5. Hall of Fame event
Create Notecards to Basilica Visitors & Birthday Cards
Solicit Auction Gifts
1. Could involve phone calls, site visits for solicitation or gift pick up
2. Development Team has the detailed information on proper execution of duties
Annual Fund-Raising Phone Call Solicitations
1. Completed in March / April, annually
2. Specifically, focused contacts to appropriate gift related donor base (E.G. student parent to student parent, alumni to alumni, etc.…)
CSA Phone Call Solicitations
1. Completed May / June / August
2. Follow up and “thank you” for your participation calls
3. Scrip to follow when completing calls provided
Review historical files of numerous forms, for current & future relevancy, to either enter into a new database or purge.
1. Primarily hard copy files in storage boxes
2. Development Team to provide the process to follow to make the appropriate decision
Review annual Shrine High yearbooks for alumni related special clubs/sports & teams/ music & arts/ activities/scholarships, etc.
1. This will assist in identifying potential donors with specific interests / predispositions or giving opportunities
2. Shrine will provide the template for data collection
3. Prefer Alumni or parents of alumni to perform.
4. Data may be entered Excel spreadsheet template
Shrine Today & Website
Contributing writers for Spring and Fall editions/Contributing writers for Shrine Website.
1. Seeking alumni & Shrine parishioners to create and submit “stories of interest” for publication in these important communication venues
2. Submissions are reviewed, edited and approved by Communications Team, who manages content, prior to acceptance and publication
Skills and Qualifications Required:
Effective communication skills. (Verbal/Written/Comprehension)
Handwriting / printing must be legible
Must be able to work as part of a team or independently, depending upon the situation
Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Suite of Programs (MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT)
Functional keyboarding/computer skills.
Willing to learn new tasks.
Please contact the Development Office at (248) 541-4122 ext. 455 to talk to someone about volunteer opportunities.